Serverless is a style of solution architecture where we do not care about hosting the application or the required infrastructure/server to make the application running. The code runs on a readymade container and serves a very specific task. Azure Functions is a Serverless computing service that enables you to run code on-demand without having to obviously provision or manage infrastructure and servers. Azure functions are event driven functions that you can leverage a lot of Azure features like Continuous Deployment and Integration, Scaling up and Scaling out, Hybrid connections.
Azure Function Pricing
Azure Functions consumption plan is billed based on per-second resource consumption and executions. Consumption plan pricing includes a monthly free grant of 1 million requests and 400,000 GB-s of resource consumption per month per subscription in pay-as-you-go pricing across all function apps in that subscription.
Premium instance duration
Memory: $0.00044/100 GB-s
vCPU: $0.00179/100 vCPU-s
(Source: Price details according to Azure Function Official web site.)
Following languages are supported in Azure function.
Azure Functions Architecture
• Azure function runtime is open-source and available on GitHub.
• With Azure Functions to store the persistent data that needs to be constant across numerous instances, you may use Azure Blob Storage or Azure Table Storage.
• With integration with Azure Application Insight, we can track Azure functions very sound and easily see results.
• With Azure Functions, You can include your package.json in your function directory and run npm install as you normally would with Node.js projects using Kudu or the Console in the Azure portal.
• There are two major versions of the Azure Functions runtime: 1.x and 2.x .
The version 2.x runtime uses a new language extensibility model. In version 2.x, all functions in a function app must share the same language. Azure Functions 1.x experimental languages won’t be updated to use the new model, so they aren’t supported in 2.x.
•Azure functions provision multiple functions concurrently provided they are within a single app instance which has no limit. The number of concurrent activity and orchestrator function executions is covered at 10X the number of cores on the VM.
Organizations can practice faster time to market, increased efficiency and reduced cost with Nub8’s cloud consulting services. Our Serverless cloud experts help you in giving your exclusive business requirement the right direction, with custom applications. Nub8 offers best-in-class Azure function Consulting Solution that solidifies your cloud initiative and reduces your excess infrastructure/Server cost.